Makes enough for approximately four 25 x 25cm pieces
- cotton fabric cut to desired size (even better if it’s organic!)
- 50g beeswax
- 25g gum resin (pine resin — available as powder or chunks)
- 2 tbsp jojoba oil
- mason jar
- oven tray
- baking or parchment paper
- basting brush (used solely for this purpose)
- clothes hanger
- Preheat your oven to 150°C.
- Place the beeswax, rosin and jojoba oil into a mason jar and place into a saucepan filled with about 6cm of water. Place the saucepan onto the stove over medium heat and melt the contents of the jar, stirring occasionally.
- Line tray with baking or parchment paper and place your fabric flat on top.
- Once the beeswax mixture has completely melted, use a spoon to evenly drizzle the mixture over the fabric.
- Place the tray into the pre-heated oven for about 2 minutes to reheat the beeswax mixture for easy spreading.
- Carefully remove tray out of oven and and use a basting brush to spread the mixture thickly and evenly over the fabric. Don’t forget to cover the edges and corners as well.
- Place tray in the oven for a minute to even out any bumps.
- Carefully remove tray from oven and hang up beeswax wrap with pegs on a hanger to set and dry.
- Repeat with remaining fabric until you are out of the beeswax mixture.